Who can apply?
The Town Council make grants to a wide range of organisations that help foster the social, sporting and cultural life of the parish . We welcome applications on behalf of all sections of the community. We are particularly keen to help grassroots community groups and small-to-medium-sized voluntary organisations. We do not normally make grants to large UK-wide charities, but we might do so where there are strong relationships in our area and the proposal has potential to achieve a substantial impact.
You do not have to be a registered charity, but you must be a not for profit organisation or community group.
Please note if you have previously had a grant from us we will not consider any new application unless you have sent us all the required grant reports
What will we fund?
- One-off projects, such as building or renovation work.
- Projects where a good cross section of the community will benefit.
- Seed funding for a project that will not require funding in future years.
- Innovative projects that without some grant money are unlikely to be successful.
- Materials, artists fees, venue hire, supplies, equipment, capital works, transport costs, printing and photocopy costs, insurance, activities.
In most cases organisations will be expected to raise some of the project cost themselves.
What will we not fund?
- Profitable organisations or privately owned companies, CIC's or Limited Companies
- Activities or projects outside the parish area
- Funding towards an individual or a project that only benefits an individual
When can I apply?
The council reviews applications once a quarter. The third quarter of applications will be reviewed at the Council's meeting on 21st December 2017. All applications much be received by 24th November 2017 to be considered at this meeting.
The fourth quarter of applications will be considered out the council meeting on 22nd March 2018. All applications must be received by 2nd March 2018 to be considered at this meeting.
How to apply
Please complete the application form