BE PROUD, SHOP LOCAL
Councillor Khan is the proud owner of Wolverton business, Namji. She is on a mission to promote the benefits of shopping locally, and as a town councillor is working to the develop a scheme for all businesses to join, incentivising people to shop locally.
The scheme is due to go live on January and will be visiting all businesses in the parish to pledge your support. Incentives can be monitory or service related, it is down to each business to decide on the reward that they offer to customers.
To claim the reward, all the customer needs to do is to present their receipt from another local business.
Still need to be convinced... Here are 10 reasons why you should shop local:
- Shopping locally helps grow other businesses
- For every £1 spent, 63p stays in the local economy (The Guardian 2013)
- Locally owned businesses build strong communities
- Unique retailers who are created based on your needs
- Improved customer service. You are treated as individuals.
- Local jobs from local retailers
- Reduced carbon footprint
- It's quick as it's on your doorstep
- Local businesses invest in the community as they have a vested interest in the future of the community
- Buy what you need, rather than in bulk, saving you money and space