Milton Keynes Council Services

Milton Keynes Council is responsible for council tax and benefitshighways, street lights, waste and recycling

Should you discover a street light not working or even on all day, a landscaping or highways issue, please visit the Milton Keynes Council website to report direct to them.

Milton Keynes Council Home page

Council Tax and Benefits  

Benefits & Council Tax  
View Your Council Tax Account Online 
Access Your Council Account 

You can make payments, apply for reductions and apply for benefits. 

Waste & Recycling 

Waste & Recycling Page

You can report missed collections, order clear recycling sacks and find out more information about which item belongs in each bin or bag. 
You can also find out more information about the Get Sorted MK Campaign, which is aiming to reduce contamination of bags, by clicking on this link.  

Milton Keynes Housing 

Council Housing Services 

This is where you can report council housing repairs and also contact the Homelessness Prevention Team if you're in need of emergency housing.  


Safeguarding Adults and Children  

Issues with Potholes  

MK Highways Potholes 

You can find out what constitutes a pothole & report them directly to the Highways department at the Council.  

Highways & Transport  

Highways & Transport Hub 


Milton Keynes Parking 

You can pay your parking ticket, apply for a blue badge or apply for parking permits. 

Bus Timetables 

Bus Timetables, Maps & Travel Updates  

Planning and Building 

Planning Hub  
My MK mapping  

Schools & Adult Learning 

Schools & Lifelong Learning 

You can apply for planning permission, check planning policies and check land charges and fees. 

Alley Parking 3 Strike System

1st Strike – If a vehicle is obstructing in the back alleyways the local residents approach in the 1st instance

2nd Strike - If a vehicle is still obstructing the back alleyways after the initial contact has been made then the residents are required to contact the police who will issue a letter of warning

3rd Strike - If a vehicle is still obstructing the back alleyways after the police can then issue with FPN


 For rubbish collection, put all your refuse and recycling bags, containers and bins out between 5pm on the day before collection and by 7am on collection day each week.

Missed collections can be reported to Milton Keynes Council  

Clear Recycling Sacks

The Town Council do not stock any clear recycling sacks. In order to receive them, you need order them directly from Milton Keynes Council.