Some of your feedback to the community consultation this year directly related to the Town Council and how we communicate with you. A few of your most common queries are below, along with our response.‘Regular delivery of the magazine’
- This magazine is delivered every other month to every household and business in the parish. If you do not receive it, please let us know so we can ensure you do get a copy delivered to you. The magazine is also available to pick up from the Town Hall and is uploaded to our website to view. ‘Use social media’
- WGTC is on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Nextdoor. Please follow us on these channels for information and updates about our work, projects and events going on in the parish. We don’t post every day, but we do post at least once a week! Our handles are listed on page 30. ‘Frequent updates on council progress via letters in the post’
- Council progress is covered in this magazine and you can view the minutes of public meetings on our noticeboards and on our website. We also post updates on our social media pages and on our website. We are unable to send letters in the post to residents due to the time and cost this would involve. ‘Information about councillors should be more accessible’
- Councillor contact details are online on our website, on pg 29 of every magazine and on all noticeboards around the parish. A register of interests is available on the MKCC website.
If you have suggestions about how they can be made more accessible, let us know. ‘WGTC needs to inform residents of its aims, what the council is responsible for and how it spends our money’
- Our aims (the Forward Plan) have been agreed upon and were published in the previous edition of this magazine. Please visit our website to learn what WGTC is responsible for and what MKCC is. All our financial information is available on our website; if you are interested in learning about the budget and precept this is discussed from October onwards and will be agreed early next year, so please come along to Finance Committee and Full Council meetings. ‘Flyers posted in homes to advise when town council meetings take place so everyone has the opportunity to engage and participate’
- This is your flyer! All council meetings are listed on page 29 and are available to view on our website and the noticeboards around the parish. ‘Periodical newsletter is insufficient’
- We are unable to produce a monthly magazine due to the time and cost involved in doing so. However, if you want more information about the work of WGTC please come to a meeting or read the minutes of these meetings on our website and on noticeboards or check out our social media pages!