MK City Council Services

Waste Collection

MK City Council is directly responsible for emptying litter bins, domestic bin collections, street cleansing and waste recycling, fly-tipping on public land and environmental health.

For rubbish collection, put all your bins or bags out between 17:00 on the day before collection and by 07:00 on collection day each week. Missed collections can be reported to MKCC via their Report It tool.


Streetlights, Roads, Pavements and Traffic

MK City Council is directly responsible for street lighting, footway and carriageway repairs, traffic calming and all issues relating to local roads which are not the responsibility of the national Highways Authority.

WGTC report problems and work with MK City Council and others on road safety issues; we regularly deploy our own Speed Indication Devices (SIDs) around the area which flash to remind speeding motorists to slow down.

You can find information on road closures and diversions etc. on MK City Council's Highways page.



Parks and Play Equipment

MK City Council is responsible for the grounds and play equipment at Victoria Park, Western Road Recreation Ground and Greenleys MUGA (except for the floodlights at this MUGA). For more information about play areas and how to report a problem visit MK City Council's website



MK City Council is responsible for mowing grass, maintaining shrubs and hedgerows as well as dealing with any fallen trees. For further information on landscaping issues, head to MK City Council's website.


MK City Council is the planning authority and decides whether to grant planning permission or not. WGTC expresses its opinion on individual planning applications. Our job is to represent the whole community in making these observations which must relate to material planning matters.

WGTC is also a consultee on planning policy. MK City Council determines licensing applications but again WGTC may comment on behalf of the community. WGTC also gets involved in the spending of financial contributions made by developers under S106 of the Town and Country Planning Act (as amended).


Thames Valley Police and MK City Council both have powers to enforce parking restrictions and the police can issue penalties to motorists causing obstructions or committing other driving/parking offences. We report problems and liaise with both organisations about parking problems but we can’t take enforcement action or impose restrictions.

Contacting MK City Council


Milton Keynes City Council website


Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri 09:00-17:15
Wed 10:00-17:15

01908 691691
Out of hours emergency telephone 01908 226699

Postal Address

Civic Offices
1 Saxon Gate East
Central Milton Keynes

Report It

The Report It tool can be used to report most kinds of issues and problems.

Dog Waste Bins

Who is responsible for the dog waste bins in the parish?
WGTC. We employ a contractor to empty them. Every bin is emptied once a week, some are emptied twice a week.

The bin is full, what should I do with my waste?
Take your waste home or dispose of it in a general waste bin. Please do not overfill the bins, this is fly-tipping.

The bin is full/overflowing, should I let you know?
Please do! We can only take action if we know about the issue. Email the Office with an image of the bin, location, reference number and the date you found it in that condition.

Can I put litter in the dog waste bins?
No, please use the general waste bins. Filling dog waste bins with general waste contributes to overfilling and ends up costing you more money!

Can I put dog waste in a general waste bin?
Yes- you can! Dog waste can go in your black waste bag that gets collected weekly or in general waste bins around the parish.

Equipment Hire

The Town Council has a range of equipment available to hire for your next event. Note, no equipment can be hired at the same time as a WGTC event.

If you would like to hire equipment, please complete and return an equipment hire request form. Once received we will be in touch with an invoice for the hire. Please ensure you read the terms and conditions of hire.

Applying for an Allotment

If you would like to become an allotment plot holder, please contact the Town Council office and attach a completed application form. Once this is received we will arrange a site visit with one of the reps or add you to our waiting list if there are no available plots.

Please note that the management of the Hodge Furze site is down to the Hodge Club so they are responsible for maintaining the site and collecting rents. There is currently a waiting list at the site but you can email the Hodge Club for further details.

Allotment Application Form

The National Allotment Society has lots of useful information and resources for plot holders on its website. This ranges from advice to encourage honeybees and wild pollinators, to clearing a plot to planning out and designing your plot. You may also wish to read the RSPCA guide to animal welfare on a plot. We have created a handy guide to reducing the risks of legionella.

Please see below for WGTC policies



Stacey Hill, Stacey Avenue, MK12 5DN. Entrance on the right hand side of the red post box. Price per pole is: £8.00 (plots on this site are usually 5 or 10 poles). Plots available.

Old Wolverton, Old Wolverton Road, MK12 5PN. Entrance via the car par situated after the Galleon pub. Price per pole is: £6.50 (plots on this site range from 1-10 poles). No vacant plots, waiting list available.

Community Orchard, Western Road, Wolverton, MK12 5AY. No vacant plots.

Hodge Furze, Marron Lane, MK12 5AR. Entrance at the very end of Marron Lane. Please contact the Hodge Club if you are interested in taking on plot on this site.

Allotment FAQs

Who can have a plot? Anyone over the age of 16. Residents within our parish take priority on waiting lists.

What are the raised beds? These beds have been installed at Stacey Hill to allow for easier access to growing space for elderly and physically restricted/disabled plot holders.

Who should I report crimes to? If it is an urgent police matter, please call 999, if not then 101.

When is rent due? A tenancy review will take place yearly in October and rent is due within 30 days of receiving you tenancy agreement.

What if I’m ill or cannot maintain my plot for other reasons? The tenant or a relative should notify the Council in writing.

What can I use my plot for? Only for the purpose of growing vegetables, fruit, flowers or lawn for his/her family’s domestic use not for any trade or business.

Can I have a fence? Only with the written consent of the Council. It should not be any higher than 1.2 metres around the perimeter of the allotment plot.

Can I use spraying weed control methods? Only when there is no wind or other people around and must be used and stored in line with the current legislation.

Can I have large vehicles access the site? Permission from the council is required for any delivery that requires a vehicle larger than a small van/car.

What happens if I cause damage on the site? Damage caused to any roads, paths, gates, fences, sheds or any other Council property shall repaired at the cost to the tenant. Failure to repair or non-payment of these charges will result in termination of tenancy.

Can someone else share my plot? You can complete a plot sharer form. The tenant is responsible for their plot sharer.

What livestock can I have on my plot? The Tenant shall not keep any livestock (as permitted by statute) on the allotment without prior written consent of the Council. No Cockerels are permitted. The council’s policies on keeping rabbits, hens and bees must be adhered to at all times. If a bee’s nest is found please contact the Bee Keeping Association for advice.

Where can I dispose of rubbish on my plot or the site? Tenants are not allowed to bring any rubbish for the purposes of disposal. The tenant must remove all rubbish belonging to them on or before expiry of tenancy. All rubbish must go to the appropriate waste and recycling centre.

Can I bring my dog or pets to the site? The tenant can bring a dog, so long as it is on a lead at all times and remains on the tenant's plot only. Any fouling must be removed and disposed of offsite.

Can I have another key? Replacement keys are available from the Town Hall at a cost of £20. The tenant shall not make duplicate keys to access the Allotment. Access gates shall be closed and locked at all times after access and exit.

What if I move house? Notice should be given in writing to the Allotment Officer of any change in address within 28 days of such a change.

Can I have a bonfire? Avoid lighting a bonfire in unsuitable weather conditions – smoke hangs in the air on damp, still days. If it is windy, smoke may be blown into neighbouring gardens, please be considerate of nearby houses or other plot users. Bonfires must not be left unattended and must be extinguished before the plot holder leaves site.

Can I bring people to the site? Tenants bringing children and family onto the allotment garden must be responsible for their safety and keep all visitors within the boundary of the plot. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times unless a prior arrangement is made with the Town Council. Children, visitors and tenants must not trespass on any other plots or take produce or equipment without prior permission, including fruit from established trees.

Does the council provide insurance for the site? Yes for the general allotment site but allotment holders must provide contents and public liability insurance for their own plot. This is not covered by the council insurance.

What is available on allotment sites? Stacey Hill and Old Wolverton have taps to access mains running water. There is a portaloo on the Stacey Hill site from March-October.

Can I have a pond? Permission must be sought from the Council and must be fenced or covered for safety. Ponds must not be filled using well or mains water.

Why do I need to pay a plot deposit? The plot deposit ensures that when the plot is relinquished, that it is returned back in good condition and is free from rubbish or hazardous items.

Where is my allotment plot deposit held? This is held under a separate budget account and is returned when the plot has been inspected by the reps, if the plot is not returned in a reasonable state the deposit will not be refunded.